Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tangy Shredded Pork Tacos

So I realize its been MONTHS since I've attempted to post on this blog. I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and although I'm still cooking; I just haven't thought about posting! I found this recipe on the food network, and made it last night. Everyone liked it except my oldest; which is odd because he eats everything!

Tangy Shredded Pork Tacos

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon ground cumin

2 teaspoons salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 (3 1/2-pound) boneless pork; cut into chunks

1 medium onion; minced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 cup chicken stock

1 small can tomato paste

1 tablespoons honey

1 orange, peeled and blended

1 lime, peeled and blended

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Mix the oregano, cumin, salt and pepper together in a small bowl and season the cubed pork chunks with the spice mixture. Put into a large Dutch oven. Add the onion, garlic, chicken stock, tomato paste, honey, orange and lime; stir together.

Put the pot on medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Transfer to the oven and cook, covered, until the pork is tender and easily shreds, about 1 hour and 45 minutes. If you don’t have a dutch oven, transfer to another dish, safe for the oven.

Remove the meat from the Dutch oven to a cutting board. Set the Dutch oven over medium heat and reduce the liquid until it becomes slightly syrupy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, shred the meat and place in a bowl. Drizzle the reduced cooking liquid into the pork and toss.

Serve with tortillas

For the first time in a long time, this post is linked to Tempt my Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday

Visit my other blog later, for week 35 pictures and doctor updates!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh this one looks good I bet all the boys here would love it! I love pork it's so easy and cheap the two rules in my house ... lol ;)

    I remember the end of my last pg, cooking was the last thing on my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so easy and looks delicious! I love shredded pork - so I will have to try these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really yummy. I'm impressed you even posted being 35 weeks pregnant! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete