Monday, November 16, 2009

Chunky Beef Stew

Yes; I'm blogging! Finally! So I just began my 13th week of pregnancy, and even though I have had my fair share of sick days, I think I've been slightly lucky compared to other people I know! I've been sick once the past 2 weeks, and I have some friends that get sick every day. Yesterday was actually a bad day for me though; I got sick the previous night and yesterday at work. The first time EVER that I got sick in the morning or at work! okay; enough of that. 

I made a chunky beef stew for dinner, and thought I would share..since it was a hit at our house! I wasn't planning on posting this, so I didnt take pictures while I made it.

Prep time- 30-45 minutes (chopping potatoes and veggies)

Chunky Beef Stew

1 can diced tomatoes (don't drain. I blend it in a food processor)

1 cup water

3 TB quick cooking tapioca (stick with me here!)

2 ts. Sugar

1 ½ ts. Salt

½ ts. Pepper

2 pounds lean beef stew meat (I bought a package of pre cut beef stew meat. Cut yours in chunks if not already cut up)

4 medium carrots (cut into chunks)

3 medium potatoes; chunks

2 celery ribs; chunks (optional)

1 medium;  onion

1 slice bread; cubed

½ can chicken broth

In a large bowl; combine tomates, water, tapioca, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased baking pan. Cover and bake at 375 for 1 ½-2 hours (2 hours for more tender meat and veggies). Serve in bowls. 


This is my daughter's bowl; that's why its not filled up much!


This post is linked to Tempt my Tummy Tuesday 

3 comments:

  1. I have never used tapioca, but it's a GREAT!!! way to thicken a recipe. When I use tapioca in a pie recipe I first put it in the food processor.
    THANKS!!! for the GREAT!!! recipe and idea.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you make this in the crock pot??

    ReplyDelete