Monday, October 11, 2010

Apple Ginger Pork Chops


Do NOT make this if you dont like apple pie! Because its pretty much apple pie made into an entre! Everybody in my family loved it. My kids didnt like the apple chunks (you'll see below), so next time, Im going to blend them so it wont be chunky! Let me know if you give it a try!

Apple Ginger Pork Chops
What you'll need:
4-6 pork chops (not super thick ones)
1 can apple pie filling
1 TBL oil
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 TBL cornstarch
2 cups apple juice
12 ginersnap cookies; crumbled

What to do:
1.Sprinkle each pork chop with salt and pepper, and brown in hot oil in a skillet. Remove pork chops from heat, and place in casserole pan.
2. Combine the pie filling and crumbled ginersnaps
3. Spoon small amout of filling on top of each pork chop.
4. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
5. Meanwhile; Combine cornstarch and apple juic until smooth. Add left over pie filling mixture (so dont use all of it on top of the pork chops!) Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
6. Poor over pork chops and serve.

***sorry: I have an amazing, expensive camera and I always forget to take pictures! Im usually rushing when Im cooking since I have a baby, and our older boys have football practice to get to!
This post is linked to: Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays and Tasty Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Apples and pork pair so well together. I've never thought to use apple pie filling in this way. You've given me a great idea.

    ReplyDelete