*This is not my picture. I have a fabulous camera, but I always get busy in the kitchen and forget to take pictures!
I posted this recipe a long time ago, but I"m reposting since I've made some new foodie friends :)
Do NOT make this if you dont like apple pie! Because its pretty much apple pie made into an entre! Everybody in my family loved it. My kids don't like the apple chunks, so I blend the apple pie mixture.
Apple Ginger Pork Chops
What you'll need:
4-6 pork chops (not super thick ones)
1 can apple pie filling
1 TBL oil
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 TBL cornstarch
2 cups apple juice
12 ginersnap cookies; crumbled
What to do:
1.Sprinkle each pork chop with salt and pepper, and brown in hot oil in a skillet. Remove pork chops from heat, and place in casserole pan.
2. Combine the pie filling and crumbled ginersnaps
3. Spoon small amout of filling on top of each pork chop.
4. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
5. Meanwhile; Combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth on the stovetop. Add left over pie filling mixture (so dont use all of it on top of the pork chops!) Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
6. Poor over pork chops and serve.