Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mozzarella stuffing chicken

I never liked thanksgiving "stuffing" growing up. Actually, the only time I've ever liked it was at my husband's families' Thanksgiving last year (did you get that?!), and my husband's grandmama B made it homemade. It was GOOD! SOO I was a bit surprised; yet, hopeful, that I liked this recipe. It definitely has that thanksgiving stuffing flavor, but plenty of other flavors to balance it nicely. My 8 year old really likes this, and that always makes me feel good (he's also the pickiest of the bunch)

Mozzarella Stuffing Chicken

4-6 large skinless boneless chicken breasts (depending on how many peeps you're feeding!)

Mozzarella cheese slices (I buy the pre packaged slices for sandwiches; enough slices to cover chicken)

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

salt and pepper to taste

1 cup chicken flavored stuffing mix (I'm sure any flavor and brand will suffice!)

1 1/2 sticks butter, melted and divided (1/2 stick in one bowl and 1 stick in another bowl)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1/2 stick melted butter in the bottom of a casserole pan. Place chicken in; place cheese slices on top (enough to cover chicken). Mix soup with a dash of salt and pepper, then pour over cheese. Sprinkle the stuffing mix on top, and drizzle 1 stick melted butter over chicken and stuffing. Bake for 1 hour, uncovered.

*Tip- When serving, I cut up the chicken (for my kiddos), and scoop up the sauce and stuffing from the pan, and put on top of the cut up chicken.



Linked up to Tasty Tuesday and Tempt my Tummy

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    This looks really yummy! I wanted to write you and tell you how much I have enjoyed your Pork with Creamy Fennel Sauce. I made it awhile ago and posted it on my blog. It is one my favorite recipes from blogland. My sister made it and loved it too. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds yummy, I have a simelar recipe, thanks for stopping by
    Helen

    ReplyDelete