Monday, January 24, 2011

BBQ Chicken Soup



I know I haven't blogged in forever. My 8 month old keeps getting sick and when he's sleeping, I catch up on laundry and CSI! I tried a new soup tonight and its my new favorite! 4 out of 5 of my family liked it, and that makes it a good dinner! I cannot take credit though! They recipe is from
Picky Palate!

BBQ Chicken Soup

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
11 oz can corn with peppers, drained
2 12 oz cans Swanson’s Chicken, drained
1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
1/2 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

1. Heat oil into a medium pot over medium heat. When hot, saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic, corn and chicken breast; mix to combine. Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.

We crush tositos chips in our bowls and top with cheese! YUM

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday and Tempt my Tummy

3 comments:

  1. yum. I love how quick and easy this is to make. I can't wait to try it. I hope that your baby gets better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a barbecue soup - but since I think my hubby and sons have barbecue sauce running through their veins instead of blood - this might be a real hit around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele -- I hope your wee one gets better soon. This is another keeper! Your photo is lovely too. Joni

    ReplyDelete